Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

We're looking to sell our Wurlitzer baby grand and are trying

Customer Question

We're looking to sell our Wurlitzer baby grand and are trying to figure out the market.
All the best. Noel ***@******.***
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Can you provide the serial number please or the approximate year it was built?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The baby grand is black about 4'6" with numbers 62105 and C143 on the sound board(?). We bought it new in ~1998.
Thanks for the information. This grand was Asian made as opposed to earlier Wurlitzer piano's that were built in the United States. Many of these pianos were built smaller than the standard baby grand and this is one example of that. While it is a baby grand, the sound will not be as full as that of a larger baby grand over 5 feet in length. Many of these pianos were built smaller than the standard baby grand and this is one example of that. While it is a baby grand, the sound will not be as full as that of a larger baby grand over 5 feet Considering the maker, the age, the described condition, as well as depreciation in value since the piano was new, I would recommend a selling range of approximately considering the maker, the age, the described condition, as well as depreciation in value since the piano was new, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $4,600-$5,200. Best wishes!