Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have an african drum i would like to have appraised.I do

Customer Question

I have an african drum i would like to have appraised.I do not know its origin.It has a nice deep tone .the top measures 11.5" across . top to bottom is 14.5" tall, 7" from top to the middle of the drumis surrounde by what appears to be a braided cord design surrounding the upper portion of the drum body' and apeasrs to be waxed to stabilize the design. 7" fromthe bottom of the braid area look like a taut leather covering on a wood base , the bottom if the base is worn leather on wood with five old nail heads exposed, from the top of the drum there is a 17 inch double cord that is knoted 3' long. and look like a cord to put over one neck. I would like to know it,s appraised value, which tribe made it, what it is used for, I would appreciate you help,What is the cost I would owe you for your time? thank you kindly
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when can I expect an appraisal on the african drum? I submitted this requesr around 11 ;a.m. today