Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Whitaker upright serial number J10908 that is 37 inches

Customer Question

I have a Whitaker upright serial number J10908 that is 37 inches tall without the coasters. It was my daughters who is now a physician and has no use for it. I am getting ready to downsize and was going to sell it. Would you know the approximate value. Thank you!!😄.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Based on what I can find out about this brand, it was made by the Kimball piano company. And if I'm correct, the name of your piano would actually be spelled 'Whittaker". The serial would date this piano back to 1983 and at 37" you have a spinet sized instrument. Unfortunately, this is a lower cost piano. Kimball instruments of this era were not of very good quality and spinet pianos, by design, already compromised size for sound quality. Considering the maker, age, size and assuming good condition, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $550-$800. Best wishes!
Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please,
use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know
how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this
concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.