Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

What to ask Baby Grand Piano? Need to sell. Bought

Customer Question

What to ask for a Baby Grand Piano?
Need to sell.
Bought new 1960. Chickering Baby Grand. Mahoganey cabinet in excellent condition.
Piano has only been moved once in its lifetime. Last tuned in August, 2011.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Chickering pianos were once comparable to those of Steinway but after financial difficulties early in the 20th century, they were combined with other companies to form the American Piano Company in 1908. Their pianos have still been of good quality since then, however not as high as they previously were. Considering the age of the piano, there is a significant amount of depreciation. Pianos decline in value as they wear over time. Based on the age, maker, size, described condition and used market, I would suggest a selling range of approximately $4,000-$4,800 in a private sale. Best wishes!
Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please,
use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know
how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this
concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.