Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Value Schmid-Oberdoerffer Strasbourg Piano. Late 18

Customer Question

Value for a Schmid-Oberdoerffer Strasbourg Piano. Late 1800.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
There is no mention of this piano company in the piano atlas and due to the lack of information and very old age I would strongly suggest an appraisal be done in person by a skilled piano technician. I would recommend against an online appraisal. Best wishes!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't pay to have you check the piano atlas. I found more information about this piano online. The site says you are an expert, but you can not give me the value of this piano. Then you tell me to get a skilled piano technician, the ones I have spoken to say they are not appraisers and can not value the piano.
Thanks for your reply. Part of what I do is check the atlas to find the age as well as any info about the company. Since that info does not exist, the piano is very old and it is not an American company or a well known European company, I am recommending you seek somebody local. Check www.ptg.org to see what piano techs in your area offer appraisal. You're welcome to continue attempting to berate me though I am giving you my BEST advice instead of blindly assigning a value to a piano of which I have no knowledge.