Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

What is the valve of a vintage Yamaha reed organ?

Customer Question

Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Can you attach a photo of it please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure
Do you have one which shows the whole organ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if your not getting the photos.
Thanks, ***** ***** received them now. Please allow me some time to look into this.
Thanks so much for your patience! Unfortunately, so little information about this model exists today. It was likely a limited production instrument. It works similar to other modern reed organs where the electricity powers a blower which pumps air over physical reeds to provide sound, similar to a chord organ. The technology is rather basic, though the cabinet is modern for its age. As you said, yours is in tough shape cosmetically. If the sound this organ produces was more unique you might find more buyers for it, though this produces the same sort of sound a vintage antique foot-pumped organ would make. There's not enough pricing information about these out there to be extremely precise, though based on my knowledge and understanding of the used keyboard market as well as that of reed organs, I would recommend a selling range of $200-$400 as is. Best of luck!
Please remember, this website will not automatically credit me from your deposit or subscription without your ((RATING)). Please,
use the rating system box, select your rating and hit submit and rate our Q&A session today. If you do not see a rating option, know
how to rate, or it will not submit, just reply and type out the rating you would like to leave. If you need to ask more questions on this
concern, please feel free to ask. I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.