Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have an Arthur Allison baby grand piano (I think

Customer Question

I have an Arthur Allison baby grand piano (I think is not a grand) with a "dual wing" cover and strings that overlap. Inside there is a RecNo. 508447 that is part of the metal plate inside, along with a seal (sticker-like) that recognizes the instrument for "good tone" at the International Inventions Exhibition 1885. I went to the Arthur Allison website and did not see any pianos that looked like it. Can you tell me anything about it?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please include details such as estimate of value, year manufactured, place manufactured, background on the seal and why it looks different from all the others I found online by Arthur Allison. Thanks.
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
First off, I'll need photos showing inside and outside of the piano so I can see exactly what you're describing. Second, there is no listing for "Arthur Allison" only an Allison piano company out of England. I have the piano atlas which is the best source for serial listings and piano information, so if there's no info about this company, it cannot be provided. Please also include the serial number from the inside--the six digit number you provided is not the serial.
Hi, just checking to see if you still wanted help with this?