Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

My parents recently passed, and a beautiful A M McPahail

Customer Question

Hello! My parents recently passed, and a beautiful A M McPahail baby grand that they purchased @ 1975, was left to me. I am downsizing, a single female with 2 dogs, need not live in their e, 4 BR, 4.5 BA, 3900 sq ft home. The beautiful piano is what my Daddy purchased, before they were married, to put the Christmas tree on so I would not mess with as a baby... he spoiled me! I wanted to know how and for what the beauty could be appraised for or how I could have it appraised and to whom I could find to purchase!
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
I'm sorry to hear of your parents passing. It sounds like they took good care of this piano. It should still sell for a good price due to that, however it has taken a depreciation in value due to its age. Based on the maker, size, age, condition and used piano market, I would recommend a selling value today of approximately $3,400-$4,100 in a private sale. Best wishes!
I would appreciate your selecting a positive rating at this time so I am credited for my work. Thanks!