Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have two baby grand pianos, ***** ***** Serial#54410 and

Customer Question

I have two baby grand pianos, ***** ***** Serial#54410 and a Waltham Serial#1004, both in very good condition. What would they be worth?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Because of our site policies we can only provide one appraisal per paid question. Which would you like me to work on? You're welcome to open a second question with the other piano in it for me to look at.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Waltham should be a good start.
No problem. The serial number you provided is very low. Can you confirm that is the serial or can you provide the age of that piano? When was it last tuned?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last tuned tuned about 4 mos. ago. The serial number is ***** into the wood frame and on the legs where it meets the main body.
Thanks for the info. In checking serial numbers for Waltham pianos, the available records start with #2000 in 1890. With the company being established in 1885, your piano would have been built in that 1885-90 timeframe. You mentioned it was in very good condition, so I am assuming annual tuning, minor cosmetic problems and good mechanical condition. Because of the very old age, however, the piano has lost most of its value. A good bit of value is derived from the mechanical action of a piano, which wears with time. Based on your description and the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $1,000-$1,500 in a private sale. Best wishes!
I would appreciate your positive rating at this time, it really helps me out. Thanks!
Hi, is there anything else you need help with?