Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Chickering 123

Customer Question

Chickering 123
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Is this an upright or grand? What's the serial number? Can you provide any photos? When was it appraised for $23,000 and by whom?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I simply want to stop this process, and yet, I've already been charged the additional $41. Your come-on information states that this part of the fee is paid upon satisfactory response. The response you sent me was not satisfactory. Clearly, I am not asking for information that you are ready to provide. The Chickering 123 is a grand piano, yet you asked me to tell you whether it was upright or grand. This is a very bad way to start. I would like the $41 charge reversed since I am obviously not receiving knowledgeable help.
Hi, thanks for your reply. You must place a full deposit upon opening a question. Yes, I asked whether it was an upright or grand. First off, "123" may or may not be a model number. It could be a scale design or part number. Even if it is a model number, models change so frequently that the information is unreliable. That's why I requested more information, so I can provide the best, ***** ***** response. If you would rather request a refund, you may contact customer service at the link at page bottom. In response to your statement, you would be receiving knowledgeable help if you provided the information I need to complete this.
Would you like to continue with this process or would you like me to request a refund for you?