Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

KASTNER - upright from C E Davies and sons Sydney Nsw. Approx

Customer Question

KASTNER - upright from C E Davies and sons Sydney Nsw. Approx 30 years old. refelted approx. 10 years ago and has been tuned regularly.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
What is the height of the piano?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
116cm
Thanks for the information! This is a standard sized studio upright at this height and would work well for many applications. So many companies were making short, low quality spinets and console models for many years--the larger uprights are worth more and have a better tone quality. Considering the approximate age of 30 years, the maker, height and described condition, I would suggest a selling range today of approximately $1,800-$2,300 in a private sale. I certainly recommend having your local technician provide his opinion as well since he will be able to judge condition in person and adjust accordingly to your market. Best wishes!
JustAnswer requires a rating be submitted by the customer following my answer. This lets me know we're finished and you have the info you need. A positive rating is very helpful to me! It will also keep the site from sending follow up emails asking you to come back to provide a rating. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!