Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

How much is my used Kawai KG-3 baby grand with matching bench

Customer Question

How much is my used Kawai KG-3 baby grand with matching bench bought in 2003 in great condition worth?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Was it new in 2003? If it was bought used, please include the serial.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The serial number is(###) ###-####
Thanks for the serial, that is helpful as I have found this piano was built in 1985. Pianos depreciate in value as they age due to the wear that occurs from playing, moving, environmental factors, etc. Kawai pianos have an excellent reputation for quality and sound and have for many years. They are considered one of the top Asian piano companies along with Yamaha.
The KG-3 is no longer produced, though there is a similar model currently in production. It was a 6'1" living room grand and a very nice size to have. Considering the maker, age, description of condition as well as the used piano market, I would suggest a current selling range of approximately $8,800-$10,200 in a private sale. Best wishes!
JustAnswer requires a rating be submitted by the customer following my answer. This lets me know we're finished and you have the info you need. A positive rating is very helpful to me! It will also keep the site from sending follow up emails asking you to come back to provide a rating. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thanks!