Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Hardman and Peck piano purchased used,in the mid 1930's.

Customer Question

It is in mint condition and made of rosewood. It is the art deco style with matching bench. I don't know the serial number and I have no idea of the value.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Please attach some photos showing the outside and inside of the piano so I can judge age and condition accurately.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Thanks for the photos. I see you have requested help via email, is that accurate or would you just like to continue here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
continue here is fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
continue here please
Thanks. In regards ***** ***** you say it was bought used in the 30's but I don't think it was very old at that point. The small size and design are indicative of a post-1930 piano. Upright pianos were built over 50" tall almost always until the depression hit and the few piano companies who were still in business had to redesign their instruments to be cheaper and appeal to a wider market. Your piano appears to be in good condition cosmetically but I'm not sure of mechanical condition since there were no internal photos included and you didn't mention if it is tuned annually or not. Even though a piano may look good, the old age means the mechanical parts are usually quite worn from playing, environmental factors and age in general.
Based on your description and the photos as well as the used piano market, I would recommend a selling value of approximately $500-$900. I've priced this piano higher than I would a more basic spinet piano from this era due to the unique design of it that may be of interest to some buyers. Best wishes!