Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Can you please appraise Yamaha DGH1BA PE serial # ***** ID

Customer Question

Can you please appraise Yamaha DGH1BA PE
serial # *****
ID #(###) ###-####
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
The serial is actually the second number you listed, which dates this piano back to a build year of 2000. This model is no longer produced, though it has been updated and a very similar model is currently made by Yamaha as a 5'3" Disklavier baby grand. These are really some of the best player pianos you can buy and of course the piano itself is a lovely instrument without the player add-on. The model similar to this currently sells for about $32,000 new. Considering the upgrades in technology, depreciation of your piano and the used piano market, I would suggest a selling range today of approximately $15,500-$18,000 in a private sale. This range reflects a consistent depreciation for the acoustic piano and a slightly elevated depreciation for the player/electronic components themselves, which are improved from year to year at a faster rate. Hope this helps-best of luck!
I would appreciate your positive rating of my service (please see the option above to provide a rating), it really helps me out. Thanks!