Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Tyler, I have an Sohmer baby grand model 57. Serial number 125889. a fair sale pri

Customer Question

Hi Tyler,
I have an Sohmer baby grand model 57. Serial number 125889.
a fair sale price would be. Thanks
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
The serial dates this piano back to 1958. Sohmer was a well known American brand for many years and was one of the last in existence. The depression caused the closure of most US piano companies and then cheaper Asian pianos caused many other companies to later close. Considering the age of your instrument, it won't have too much value left. Most pianos require significant mechanical and cosmetic work after about 60-70 years of age and that is factored into pricing. Based on your description of the condition and considering the used piano market, I would suggest a selling range of approximately $3,200-$3,800. Best wishes!
I would appreciate your positive rating at this time (see above!). It really helps me out. Thanks!