Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

How much should I ask Yamaha Electronic EL-40 in perfect

Customer Question

How much should I ask for a Yamaha Electronic EL-40 in perfect condition? It is about 7 years old.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. This is the Electrotone organ. The EL series was made 1991-1995. By electronic standards this is quite old. These are selling for $200-300 on the secondhand market.
Here is some history.
1991 - EL series - This series included an attached Music Disk Recorder which enabled players to record their registrations and performances, thus eliminating the need for extensive programming before each performance. The EL series introduced new synthesisers, filtering, and expression technologies that made instrument voices on the Electone even more realistic. Voice technology continued to be based on AWM and FM technologies.
Thank you,