Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

EVERETT WILLIAM FABER 289366

Customer Question

EVERETT WILLIAM FABER 289366
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
Is this a piano?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
YES
Thanks. Please answer the following questions:
Is it an upright or grand? If upright, what is the height?
When was it last tuned?
How old is it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ALL WOOD ,BEAUTIFUL. I DONT WANT TO SELL AS ITS TUNED AND AWESOME. JUST LOOKING FOR A VALUE FOR PIECE OF MIND. UNDER HOOD 1985 WARRANTY TUNE LAST TUNE 2009. NOTE : UNTOUCHED . UPRIGHT & I WOULD GUESS 3 FEET. AGE W/B 289366 . SERIAL #?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
R U GETTING BACK TO ME TODAY?
I can look into this and get back with you this evening.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANKYOU. ALSO DO YOU GUYS DO OLD STUFF. I HAVE A FRIDGEDARE ICE BOX OR FREEZER FROM THE EARLY 1900'S
If you need an appraisal on it you may wish to post a new question for it in the antique or appraisal category. There is also an appliance category though I think it is more so for repairs.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought this was the service? Telling me approx what it is worth ?
If not why r u charging me 40
Yes, that is what we do, however it is provided on a per question basis. Your one fee only covers one question, the one I am currently working on. A second question would have an additional fee.
Thanks for your patience!
This piano was actually built in 1983 in Georgia by Yamaha. Yamaha owned the Everett brand since 1973 and built pianos under that name along with their own. At roughly 3' tall, yours would be a spinet type piano which is the smallest type of upright piano built. For the most part, spinets are no longer made because of their less-desirable sound quality and drop-key action.
Considering your description of condition as well as the current used piano market, I would suggest your piano have a value of approximately $1,100-$1,600 in a private sale. Best wishes!
I would appreciate your positive rating of my service, it really helps me out. Thanks!