Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have an ab Chase grand piano I am trying to get a value for.

Customer Question

I have an ab Chase grand piano I am trying to get a value for. It was rebuilt in the 90's and I can't find anything but a number etched into the wood underneath.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
What is the age of the piano? What is the length on the long end?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have no idea how old it is. That was why I wanted the serial number. It is 6x4 feet

It is 6' on the long end? I will need the serial to find age. Can you provide that?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are there pianos that are 4 feet long and 6 feet wide? Yes. 6 feet long.

and I already told you, I don't know the serial number. It was removed when it was Rebuilt. If I had the serial.number I would know the age myself. I was told by a local store that when the serial number is ***** in rebuilding, that they etch it in the wood underneath,which is that number I provided

I'm afraid I'm not going to be able to help. I won't be spoken to in a rude manner. I've not addressed you that way.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You asked dumb questions as well as ones I already have given the answer to.

I don't think you could help anyways...I will jut go to a legit appraiser.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Relist: Answer quality. "Expert" asked questions I had already given the answer to and asked if my piano was 4 feet long by 6 feet wide. the only info he provided was things any idiot would know. I was here for a real expert. How can you possiby give me any idea of the value of my piano without asking for pics.