Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

My mother-in-law has an upright player piano made by

Customer Question

Hello, my mother-in-law has an upright player piano made by the Knight Campbell Company. The player portion has been removed but other than that it works well. A few of the ivory pieces on the top portions of the keys are broken but still have the parts. It reads "Malcolm made for The Knight-Campbell Music Co". Roughly what would be the retail value for this piano?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.
These old upright player pianos are common today and can be acquired easily and inexpensively. Some owners opted to remove the player system though that doesn't really benefit anything besides removing weight from the instrument. Because of the type of piano, age and condition as well as what these commonly sell for, you could expect to sell for approximately $300-$600 depending on actual condition and local market. Best wishes!
I would appreciate your positive rating of my service, it really helps me out. Thanks!