Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

Wm Anderson Upright Piano vertical grand, french repeating

Wm Anderson Upright Piano vertical grand, french repeating action. How would we find a value?
Hi, can you tell me the age and provide some photos of the piano?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there a way to identify the age or serial number etc? I believe it was purchased new in 1920.

Thanks for the information and photo. Unfortunately there are no serial number records available for this manufacturer so I wouldn't be able to identify age through serial. It certainly could be from 1920, or even closer to 1900. I do have some bad news for you in regards XXXXX XXXXX Old uprights like this sell for next to nothing these days. Yes, they are technically considered "antiques" though that does not increase value any because of the deterioration of condition over time and the flooding of the piano market for years with these. By looking at your photo this piano appears to be in fair condition at best. Some tuners know how to appraise, others just know how to tune. $20,000 would be almost an impossible figure even if the piano were fully restored to immaculate condition. $2,000 would be possible if the piano were in excellent original condition and had no cosmetic or mechanical flaws and had some work done to improve it, like refinishing, new strings, etc. Based on my experience and the way the piano market has gone for decades, your piano would only be valued at about $100-$200 in a private sale or auction setting. Sorry for the bad news but I wish you the best!