Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I want to sell my antique upright Steinway piano. It is a

I want to sell my antique upright Steinway piano.
It is a model K from 1853. The serial number is XXXXX
It is completely restored by Frits Janmaat
The instrument is approx 4 and a half feet tall with a pallisander finish.
It is in mint condition.
Hi, thanks for your question! Can you include some photos of the instrument? How long ago was it restored?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The piano was restored in 1999 by Frits Janmaat.

Thank you for the photos, you have a lovely antique Steinway!

To find a reasonable sale price many factors must be considered which include the age, maker, condition, time since restoration and current market. With all these things being considered as well as the state of the piano market your Steinway upright would be valued today at approximately $14,000-$16,000 in a private sale or auction setting. Best wishes!

Please select one of the faces below to give me feedback and credit for helping you today--this part is necessary to complete your question and costs nothing extra. Please reply to me before selecting "Poor" or "Bad" service as that reflects negatively on me and I want to make sure your question is answered and you are satisfied. Thanks again!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you kindly for your response. The piano is in The Netherlands.

I live between the USA and Holland. Tips of who I should contact?

No luck at Christie'sLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

Thanks for your reply. Major auction houses are rarely the best place to sell an antique piano, even when one is as old as yours. I would contact auction houses of moderate size in your local area and see if they have the experience and clientele to sell this type of piano. You may also contact major piano restorers or restoration companies who are experienced in selling old restored pianos. Best wishes!