Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I have a Steger and Sons baby grand with a serial # XXXXX 185488. What

I have a Steger and Sons baby grand with a serial # XXXXX 185488.

What is the approximate age and value of this piano in good condition?

Hi, thanks for your question! Is the name Steger or Stegler? How often is the piano tuned?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Piano is STEGER. It's tuned probably every 2 years or so...
Ok thanks. I'm not finding that name in one source. Please allow me some time to check other serial number records for that name so I can find the date for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sure. thanks.
Thanks for your patience!

I was able to find your Steger and Sons piano was built in 1922. It actually has a "Singer" serial number as the two companies combined in the early 1900's. Steger and Sons was discontinued in the late 1950's. Pianos depreciate as they age so age will be one of the biggest factors in determining value. Based on the maker, size, age, described condition and current piano market your 1922 Steger and Sons baby grand would be valued at approximately $1,400-$1,900 in a private sale.

Please select one of the faces below to give me feedback and credit for helping you today. Please reply to me before selecting "poor" or "Bad" service as that reflects negatively on me. This part is necessary to complete your question. Thanks again!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.