Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I need appraisal for Shipman pump organ with serial number

I need appraisal for Shipman pump organ with serial number " 2 " on back. Works well
but one reed ( low G ) leaks with bass coupler used.
Hi, are you able to attach a photo of the organ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No but it is fairly ornate and it is of oak. All keys are present as are

the stops. stool is round with ball and claw feet and adjusts by spinning.

there is a curved music holder and shelves on each side. Top has spindles about 2" high all the way across

Thanks for the information!

Unfortunately I have some bad news. These old pump organs are worth very little today, mainly due to the fact that people aren't interested in them and they have no musical purpose (they aren't used in church, etc). Most end up in living rooms as pieces of furniture. The one leaky note isn't a big deal, so if everything else works you may be able to sell it, though again, the market for these is small. In the condition you describe this organ would have a value of approximately $100-$200 in a private sale or auction setting. You may be able to sell the stool to an antique shop for that same amount or more instead of selling it with the organ.

Please select one of the faces below to give me feedback and credit for helping you today. Please reply to me before selecting "poor" or "Bad" service as that reflects negatively on me. This part is necessary to complete your question. Thanks again!