John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

value of a 1895 Kimball upright piano- 400th aniversary of

value of a 1895 Kimball upright piano- 400th aniversary of columbus discovery. serial #157271. thank you. Dennis
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 4 years ago.

pianoandmusic :

Hello. Thank you for your question to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX it will be a pleasure to help you with your piano appraisal. Could you please tell me if your piano has been regularly tuned and maintained? Regards. John.

Customer:

not used much but still works. in great shape. looking to sell to a collector.

pianoandmusic :

Is it possible to send me some digital pictures, so I can help you further?

Customer:

not right now, selling for a friend. Does being a commemorative piano, World Columbian expo make it a worthwhile collectible?

pianoandmusic :

Hello Dennis. Without seeing any pictures it is going to be difficult to give you much to work on. If the piano has been fully restored and has interesting casework features then it could be worth up to $2000. The Columbus Anniversary Edition would perhaps add a little to the value for a collector, but really not much. If it has not had any restoration work and it is in its original condition both internally and externally then it may realize in the region of $500 from a collector interested in purchasing it for restoration.

I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I receive any recompense for assisting you - you may have made a deposit/have a subscription but no payment is released to an Expert until you click on 'ACCEPT'. Also I would be grateful if you could please complete the feedback section. Many thanks and if you need any more help please do not hesitate to contact me.

Thank you and best regards.

Pianoandmusic. (John)