Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

How much would a George Steck console piano, serial #143280,

How much would a George Steck console piano, serial #143280, sell for? I think it was built in early 1940s. It is in good condition.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 4 years ago.
Hi, how often is it tuned?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It hasn't been played for many years. Probably hasn't been tuned for many years.
Please remember to click the ACCEPT button before leaving this page. I am not credited for my time unless this button is pressed. Thanks!

Thanks for the information!

Because it hasn't been regularly maintained and because of the very old age the piano can't really be considered in good condition. The age alone would warrant a judgement of fair condition at best. Based on the maker, size, age and condition and considering the current piano market this instrument would have an approximate value today of $250-$450 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Once I have answered your question, please press ACCEPT if our conversation is complete as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept does not charge you again it just credits me for my work. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Please press either Accept or Reply before leaving this page so I know how to proceed. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!