Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

What is the value of a Jesse French Piano and Organ Co. pump

What is the value of a Jesse French Piano and Organ Co. pump organ. I think the serial number is XXXXX; it is stenciled on the back. I cannot find any other numbers on the unit. What is the value and/or how do I go about finding out.

Chattanooga, TN
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 4 years ago.
Hi, does it have just one keyboard with two large pedals for pumping?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes ... one keyboard, two peddles and 10 knobs
Please remember to press ACCEPT before leaving this page. I am not credited for my time unless this button is pressed. Thanks!

Thanks for the information!

This is standard type of pump organ and is the configuration you are most likely to find. Pump organs were common from about 1860 to the early 1900's but they fell out of use when cheaper pianos were more available. Today they don't really have a musical purpose, most sit in living rooms as a piece of furniture. Because of the very old age and lack of interest in these the prices for them are rather low. In the condition you describe and in the current piano market your organ would be valued today at $100-$250 depending on your local selling market. Best wishes!

Once I have answered your question, please press ACCEPT if our conversation is complete as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept does not charge you again it just credits me for my work. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Please press either Accept or Reply before leaving this page so I know how to proceed. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!