Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

what is the approximate value of my Selmer Centered tone clarinet

what is the approximate value of my Selmer Centered tone clarinet s/n R3856? She is in very good condition, especially for an instrument of her age. She was acquired used for me 48 years ago as the best instrument available for me by my cousin who was a top band musician, and I a prodigy at the age of 9. She has always been taken care of and treated well and still sounds beautiful. She has an HS** mouthpiece. Please know that the neck piece and bell show no numbering. All keys and nickel trim are original.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you're still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The appraised value of this instrument is only $40 or is there additional information required. If so, why so low? I have had professional musicians tell me it is worth much more.
Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry for the confusion, but there has no answer regarding your question has yet been provided. This is just a note to let you know that sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We'll be in touch again shortly.

Expert:  Glenda B. replied 4 years ago.

The Vintage Selmer Centered Tone Clarinet s/n R3856 is currently estimated to sell on the secondary retail market ( known selling price ) for an average of $850.00-1050.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at.

This will typically sell higher in a Music Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. As antiques and collectibles are subject in selling price to different areas across the country.

So be sure to check your local area. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me, if there is a problem with my answer please feel free contacting me before leaving a negative feedback, any problem can be resolved.

And if you would like to use me on any further questions. It works much better putting my name ( Glenda ) in your question , then I will be sure to get it. Requesting me expires in just a short time.

I look forward to working with you again.

Please press the Accept Button ( and the smiley face Smile if prompted ) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept and the Smiley Face Smile does not cost you anymore, this is the only way I am compensated. I greatly appreciate this.

Have a great day.

Glenda

Experience: 30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.