Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  Active professional dealer since 1981

I have a Clough & Warren Company pump organ, patented 1885,1887.

I have a Clough & Warren Company pump organ, patented 1885,1887. It has a center mirror above the music holder and shelves on either side of the mirror to hold decorative pieces.
What might be the value range for such an instrument?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.

Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am pleased to assist you. Could you provide an image for review and note overall condition, paying special attention to ANY visible flaws?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I send pictures to you? Visible flaws: the keyboard cover shows some wear.
Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.

Here are the instructions for posting your files or graphics to your question page so that your Expert can see them:

For graphics, click the paper clip or chain icon and then browse to choose a GIF, PNG, or JPG. Upload and then follow the prompts to insert it.

Regarding files, file size is limited to 5 MB. For zip files, PDFs, or spreadsheets, enter text (like "download this") in the reply box and then double-click to highlight it. Click the link icon (it's to the left of the paper clip icon) and use the browse dialog box to locate your file. Select it and then insert the link. Use the Preview button if you want to test the link and see if it works correctly.

For files bigger than 1MB, go to a free file hosting website such as MediaFire.com (Photobucket.com, Snapfish.com, Flickr.com) and click on the Upload button. Then navigate to your file and select it, and click the Start Upload button. When the uploading has completed you will be given a link to download the file. Copy the link and paste it in your question, and the Experts will be able to click on the link to download the file.

If you cannot get your file uploaded, please feel free to forward your graphic or file to us here and we will forward it to your Expert. Direct contact is not allowed and the email address for forwarding is experts@justanswer.com . Please note the name of your expert of choice, Will Gorges, and make sure the email address you are sending the image(s) from is the same you used when you subscribed to JustAnswer--if using a smart phone, just note your original email address in the text area. PLEASE be aware the email forwarding process can take 12 to 72 hours from Customer Service--I have no control over that! Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I guess I'm a little slow . . . I don't see any paper clip or chain icon to click on. If I can get my pictures into DropBox and send you the "address" via this means will that work? I haven't used drop box much and never for pictures, but I do have an account there whereas I don't with the photo sites.
Expert:  Will replied 2 years ago.

No worries, I can give you an estimate without images...just helps narrow the range a bit.

Most of these retail from $1,200 to $1,500 in average and functional condition and honestly are more valued by collectors for their cases. This one, for example, is being offered by a private seller for $950...

graphic

The more elaborate the case, the better the price! Best, Will

=

If my information has been of assistance to you, please remember to click the ACCEPT icon so I will be credited by JustAnswer for my time and efforts (at no additional charge to you).

Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience: Active professional dealer since 1981