Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I have a black Schumann Baby Grand piano in excellent condition

I have a black Schumann Baby Grand piano in excellent condition and need to sell it. How do I determine a fair market price for this piano. jim
Hi, what is the age of this piano?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
we estimate it at about 12-15 years old. The serial number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN I assume you should be able to tell the age from that serial number but you are the expert...that's why I was prepared to pay the $40 to find out.

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button before leaving this page. I am not credited for my time unless this button is pressed. Thanks!

Jim, thanks for the information!

The serial number dates this piano to 1986. Due to the age this piano was made by Kimball, who went out of business just a few years later. Pianos after 1990 were made by Samick in Asia. Black is the most common finish for pianos and works well with all decor so it is usually the easiest to sell. Based on the age of the piano, your description and the current piano market, this piano would have an approximate value of $4,200-$5,000 in a private sale, depending on your local market. Best wishes!

Once I have answered your question, please press ACCEPT if our conversation is complete as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept does not charge you again it just credits me for my work. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Please press either Accept or Reply before leaving this page so I know how to proceed. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!