twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.

Whats it worth? "Conservatory violin Straduri" stamped on

What's it worth? "Conservatory violin Straduri" stamped on the back. Stamped inside "copy of Antonius Stradiuarius made in Germany". I don't have a date. It's old, in good shape but well used. Looks like original finish and original case. Has a bow.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be pleased to help you with this question.

The phrase "Made in Germany" was not in use until 1921. Your violin was made between that date and the mid-1940s. It is a copy of a Stradivarius and was meant for student use. If it is in excellent condition and has very good tone, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $1,000.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!