Will
Will, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  Active professional dealer since 1981
54715563

Very old Toneking brass trumpet and the only other word I can

Customer Question

Very old Toneking brass trumpet and the only other word I can find on it is Bohemia?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.
That model was made in Czechoslovakia...what would you like to know?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How old is it or when was it made and how much is it worth?
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.

Thank you...the piece is circa 1890-1915 and is of moderate quality, and the brand was only around for about 6 years. Most parts of the valve assemblies were made in Czechoslovakia but the pieces were assembled and marketed out of Germany for the most part. If complete and in average overall condition, they normally retail from $225 to $400.

=

If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Once I have satisfactorily answered your question, please press ACCEPT as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I have personally given your question. There is NO additional cost to you at all.

Positive feedback is very much appreciated, if you could please take a minute once the process is over. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question.

My personal goal is your complete satisfaction with this process.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What does one of these actually sell for, if it was in perfect shape or in bad shape? Basically how much could I sell it to a music or antique shop for?
Expert:  Will replied 5 years ago.
Realistically, they are not in great demand...but you should get about 40-50% of the estimated retail if you sell to a retail vendor. You might do better with a private sale on a site like Craigslist.org or eBay.com if you find the right buyer. Best, Will