Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I have a Lester Betsy Ross Spinet Piano. Numbers found inside

Customer Question

I have a Lester Betsy Ross Spinet Piano. Numbers found inside the piano are 271468 and 27353. What is this piano worth?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 4 years ago.
Please remember to click the ACCEPT button before leaving this page. I am not credited for my time unless this button is pressed. Thanks!

Hi, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

The Betsy Ross spinet pianos by Lester were a popular line for a while. Based on the serial number (which is going to be the first number you listed) this piano was built in 1955. Spinet pianos are the smallest types of uprights made and while they do save vertical space they do so at a cost of sound quality due to the shorter strings and smaller soundboard.

Based on the current piano market, the age, maker and size of this piano, your 1955 Lester/Betsy Ross piano has an approximate value of $400-$550 in a private sale. This price will vary slightly depending on your local market as well as the actual condition of the piano. The price range I provided assumes good or better condition and regular tuning/maintenance. I hope this helps and wish you the best!

Once I have answered your question, please press ACCEPT if our conversation is complete as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept does not charge you again it just credits me for my work. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Please press either Accept or Reply before leaving this page so I know how to proceed. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!