Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I have a Lindeman & Sons baby grand piano in antique black.

I have a Lindeman & Sons baby grand piano in antique black. Cannot locate year made. The serial number is XXXXX
Hi, thanks for your question!

The serial number wouldn't have dash in it and the numbers for Lindeman didn't make it past 200,000. Could you check on the metal plate that holds the strings, try underneath the music rack, in that area to find a serial number.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This number was near the metal plate - 141362
Please remember to click the ACCEPT button before leaving this page. I am not credited for my time unless this button is pressed. Thanks!

Thanks for the information! This serial number dates your piano to 1923. Old pianos in original condition don't fare too well in value. This is due to the deterioration and depreciation brought on simply by age. Pianos have a useful life of about 60-70 years before needing significant restorative work to bring the value up and keep the piano's action working as new. Based on the current piano market and description of your piano, your 1923 Lindeman baby grand has an approximate value of $1,550-$1,900 in a private sale depending on your local market and the actual condition of the piano. I hope this helps and wish you the best!

Once I have answered your question, please press ACCEPT if our conversation is complete as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept does not charge you again it just credits me for my work. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Please press either Accept or Reply before leaving this page so I know how to proceed. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!