Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I have a model 142122 walnut hammond organ purchased 6-13-85

Customer Question

I have a model 142122 walnut hammond organ purchased 6-13-85 and it has all the original sales receipts and warranty documents with it. I would like to sell it and would like to know what it would appraise at. The purchase price is listed on the sales receipt as 4595.00.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question! Hammond model numbers listed on the organ itself aren't the actual model they're called. Do you have the manual still? It should say on the front what it is, or if you can attach a picture that will help. Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Attachment: 2011-11-30_232559_hammond_organ.pdf

I can't tell if it is attached or not correctly - the file is a photo and the receipt from purchase

Please remember to click the ACCEPT button before leaving this page. I am not credited for my time unless this button is pressed. Thanks!

Thanks very much, this is what I need. This is a spinet organ, which means it has two short, offset keyboards and a 13-note stick type pedal board. These organs came with theater organ type sounds as well as rhythms and backing tracks that enhanced the sound of amateur organists who may only play one or two notes at a time. Unfortunately these organs declined severely in popularity after the 1970's and because of that and the huge number on the market they don't sell for much anymore. You should also know that the dealer markup on organs meant for the home is HUGE. Based on this information and the current market for these spinet organs, your Hammond is valued at approximately $200-$325 in excellent condition. I wish I could give you a higher amount but when they sell this is the range they sell in. I hope this helps and wish you the best!

Once I have answered your question, please press ACCEPT if our conversation is complete as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept does not charge you again it just credits me for my work. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Please press either Accept or Reply before leaving this page so I know how to proceed. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your time. I appreciate your help. I really thought it would be worth more. Should I hang on to it and try again in another ten or twenty years?
I wouldn't. The only old organs that are selling well still are the Hammond B3 variants. I would sell it while it still has some value. Best wishes!