Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

A Antonius Stradivarius cremonesis faciebat anno 1733

Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 4 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

Your violin is definitely reproduction as many individual makers and companies over the past several hundred years have copied the style of Stradivarius. All Stradivarius violins have been accounted for. That does not mean your instrument has no worth. Since the style of this great maker was copied many copies can be of good quality. The best advice I can give you for a violin like this is to have it inspected in person. A local luthier or musical instrument shop (that deals in band and orchestra instruments) can give you a good idea of the age, quality and value by seeing it in person. I do hope this information helps and wish you the best!

Once I have answered your question, please press ACCEPT if our conversation is complete as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept does not charge you again it just credits me for my work. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Please press either Accept or Reply before leaving this page so I know how to proceed. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!