Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have my grandmothers circa 1930s or 1940s Gulbransen upright

I have my grandmother's circa 1930s or 1940s Gulbransen upright piano. It is worn, not refurbished. One key sticks, but the tone is beautiful. Can I get anything for it?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question!

Gulbransen pianos were decent in their day but certainly not top quality. The factors that will impact the current price are the old age, that it is an upright, the maker and the condition which sounds to be "fair" by valuation standards. Based on these things as well as the current piano market today I would value your upright Gulbransen at approximately $150-$250 in a private sale depending on local market. I hope this helps and wish you the best!

Once I have answered your question, please press ACCEPT if our conversation is complete as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept does not charge you again it just credits me for my work. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Please press either Accept or Reply before leaving this page so I know how to proceed. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!