Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I own a Story & Clark piano purchased new in about 1970. I

I own a Story & Clark piano purchased new in about 1970. I believe it is called a console? It is 70 inches tall and has beautiful key action and tone. It a decorative leg on each end of the key board. One of the legs was splintered during a move and I am wondering if I had a finishing carpenter just remove both legs at the keyboard level how it would effect the sound and stability of the instrument.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 5 years ago.
Did you just want to know about the legs or were you interested in a value?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I don't care about the value, I just want to know about the legs.....for appearance sake.

Piano legs are almost always decorative and rarely necessary to maintain the stability of the keyboard. Removing them shouldn't cause any issues. I've done this myself in the past and had no issues. Best wishes!