Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Kawai piano purchased in 1993, model 902 M, oak finish,

I have a Kawai piano purchased in 1993, model 902 M, oak finish, serial number A34658 in very good condition. I want to sell it but I'm not sure what price to put on it. Can you help?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 5 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

Kawai pianos are beautiful instruments and have been well sought after in the US for many decades. This 46" upright is a nice size too. These sell pretty quick in private sales (local, classified ad type sales) and will go even quicker if priced right. Based on the current piano market and your description of this piano I would value it at approximately $2,300-$2,600. I hope this helps and wish you the best!

Once I have answered your question, please press ACCEPT if our conversation is complete as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept does not charge you again it just credits me for my work. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Please press either Accept or Reply before leaving this page so I know how to proceed. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you tell me where I should go to try to sell my piano? Will I get the best price if I try to sell it to an individual, say, on the internet or should i go to a piano store?
I would suggest using the website craigslist.org to place a free, local classified ad. Lots of people use this service and it will get the message out quickly. You can also try an ad in your local paper. You'll get the best price selling to an individual as piano dealers will take at least 30% of the value of the piano as commission. I hope this helps!