Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I am about to inherit at Fayettes Cable player piano manufactured

I am about to inherit at Fayette's Cable player piano manufactured by the Cable-Nelson Piano Company. It has been severly neglected and I want to know if it is worth while getting it repaired.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 5 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question! Right off the bat I can tell you this piano is likely not worth getting repaired. Cable pianos are a dime a dozen and not of the highest quality. Since it's a player piano I'm assuming it dates from approximately 1900-1930 when production of player pianos was at its peak. To have this piano fully restored would cost thousands and there is normally no profit to be made after such a restoration. Sorry for the bad news but I hope it helps you out! Best wishes!

Once I have answered your question, please press ACCEPT if our conversation is complete as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. Pressing Accept does not charge you again it just credits me for my work. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Please press either Accept or Reply before leaving this page so I know how to proceed. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!