twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.

I have a violin. It is a 1924 Ernst Heinrich Roth crafted in

I have a violin. It is a 1924 Ernst Heinrich Roth crafted in Markneukirchen, Germany, Serial # XXXXX; a copy of a Francesco Ruggieri 1685 violin from Cremona, Italy. It appears to be in excellent condition with a German-made bow, however, it has not been appraised.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be pleased to help you with this question.

Your violin was made in one of the many factories operating in Markneukirchen in the first half of the 20th century. Ernst Heinrich Roth carried on the factory begun by his father.

An Ernst Heinrich Roth Stradivarius copy in excellent condition has a current retail (replacement) value of approximately $5,000.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would the fact that this is a Francesco Ruggieri 1685 materially affect the value of the instrument?
It is not a Francesco Ruggieri. It is a copy of a Francesco Ruggieri. This occurs very frequently in the world of violins. Luthiers model their work on that of previous masters. It is a Ruggieri model made by Roth.