twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I have a Mateo Gofriller viola made in 1727 that is in good

I have a Mateo Gofriller viola made in 1727 that is in good condition with some bubbling of the finish. Can you tell me what it is worth. Has great sound. The exact viola is listed at cozio.com as  Id # XXXXX I don't know if you'll be able to view the picture there unless you have a subscription. Thank You.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be pleased to help you with this question.

If your viola is authentic, its current retail (replacement) value is approximately $70,000.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
my father felt it was worth 250,000. He played it in the Gordon string quartet and the symphony as 1st chair viola
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 5 years ago.
Hello again,
I base my valuations on recent auction results. Since I can't examine your viola, that's all I have to go on. If you would like me to recommend qualified appraisers in your local area, so that you may have the viola examined in person, pease give me your location.