twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.

Antonius Stradivarius Cremonensis / Facie- bat Anno 1736 We

"Antonius Stradivarius Cremonensis / Facie- bat Anno 1736"
We have a violin that has the above stamped inside. We are not sure of the decade of the date however the last the 17 and the 6 are clear. We think it is 1736.
The violin has no strings. It is what looks to be the original case and is undamaged.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be pleased to help you with this question.

Your violin was most likely made in Germany at the turn of the 20th century. Several factories in the town of Markneukirchen made violins with this label, for export. These are considered to be good student violins.

If your violin is in excellent condition, its current retail (replacement) value is approximately $1,000AUD.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!