twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I have a Selmer, Series 9 B flat clarinet. It was refurbished

I have a Selmer, Series 9 B flat clarinet. It was refurbished with new corks and pads a few years ago. It has a brand new case. I have had it since I was in high school in 1972. My parents purchased it for me used so I am not sure how old it is. It is in excellent condition. A friend would like to borrow it for her son to take clarinet lessons. I think instruments should be used and I am happy to loan it. She wants me to have it insured before I loan it to her son. My insurance company wants me to have it appraised.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be pleased to help you with this question.

Series 9 was first issued in 1960. They are considered to be fine clarinets.

If your clarinet is in excellent condition, it should be insured for $1,200.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!