twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

Alfred Zapf reproduction of Antonius Stradivarius -Cremona

Alfred Zapf reproduction of Antonius Stradivarius -Cremona 1721...

Having problems with the email address...tried to fix no response

lets just forget this, I have tried to fix the email problem ([email protected]) I can't sit here all night typing in an address it keeps rejecting
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 5 years ago.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be pleased to help you with this question.

Do you still want to know about your Alfred Zapf violin?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 5 years ago.
Thanks - I'm happy to help you.

Your Alfred Zapf violin is not a reproduction of a Stradivarius. It simply has a label that is a tribute to the great violinmaker Antony Stradivari.

Your violin was made in Markneukirchen, Germany in the 1930s. There were many factories working there at the time to produce violins for export to the US, where many were sold via mail order catalogs such as Sears Roebuck. They are still considered to be good student violins.

If your Zapf violin is in excellent condition, its current retail (replacement) value is approximately $400.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you. Please click "Accept", as that is the way I am compensated by JA for my service to you. Clicking "Accept" will not result in any additional cost to you. Feedback is welcome, and bonuses are appreciated. Thanks for using Just Answer!