Tyler, MM, CAGO
Tyler, MM, CAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. 22 years of training & experience.
21042015

How much is my Wurlitzer Upright Piano Model #2116 Serial #1292918

How much is my Wurlitzer Upright Piano Model #2116 Serial #1292918 worth in overall good condition with original bench?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, CAGO replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Please let me do some research for you on this and get back to you. You'll receive an email once I send you an answer. Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the response. This piano was handed down to me and I'm just wondering what it might be worth. Thanks again for your help and I look forward to hearing from you soon. I can send pictures should you need them.
Thanks
Henry Bash
Gainesville, VA
Hi Henry,

Thanks for your patience! Based on the serial number you gave me it looks like your piano was manufactured in 1976. Piano appraisal normally states that a piano which is over 20-25 years old is considered in "fair" condition simply due to the age of the internal mechanics. That said, Wurlitzer was a popular piano brand in their day and was one of the bigger names in the U.S. I would place a value on your piano in the range of $650-$1,000. The range is there to account for the condition which I cannot see, and your market which I cannot predict. There is a possibility that your piano would sell slightly above or below that range as well, but the figure I gave represents a solid figure for that piano and age. I hope this helps and I wish you the best!

Important! When you opened a question and placed a deposit on this site, the value of the question was removed from your bank account and placed into your Just Answer account. I do not get paid until you press the Accept button and that deposit is finally moved out of your Just Answer account.

Once I have satisfactorily answered your question, please press ACCEPT as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!

Tyler, MM, CAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience: Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. 22 years of training & experience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Mr. Taylor, I appreciate your prompt and candid answer to my question. This is the first time I've used this service and I would certainly use it again. I'll certainly leave positive feedback for you.
Thanks again,
Henry