Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

how to find out what year my Mansfield player piano was made

how to find out what year my Mansfield player piano was made what is it worth
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question! Could you give me the serial number of the piano, also is it an upright or grand? Any other information you have on it would be helpful!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
13562 is stamped on it
it is upright
it has 2 pump pedals that flip up out of the way when you play manually
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i need to go now
can we continue tomorrow via email
Thanks for the information. There is VERY little information concerning Mansfield pianos, which is a big indicator of the lack of interest in this company's instruments these days. Serial number records are also almost non-existent. It appears that your piano was most likely made in the area of 1925-30. Piano values are based, first and foremost, on condition and older pianos are in fair to poor condition simply due to the age of the mechanical parts. In great condition I would value your piano in the $1,000-1,400 range. Most likely though it is probably closer to the $600-$1,000 range. If you are interested in selling I would recommend having somebody come out to appraise it in person. They would be able to give a more specific figure based on seeing the condition and knowing your local market. I hope this helps! Best wishes!

Important! When you opened a question and placed a deposit on this site, the value of the question was removed from your bank account and placed into your Just Answer account. I do not get paid until you press the Accept button and that deposit is finally moved out of your Just Answer account.

Once I have satisfactorily answered your question, please press ACCEPT as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!