Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have some type of guitar that layes on your lap the name

I have some type of guitar that layes on your lap the name at the top is Streamliner and at the bottom is Bronson 2.3 feet x 6 inches
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 years ago.

Good Morning

Can you tell me if any of these look like the guitar you have?

Glenda

if not is it possible for you to send a pictured

82582706165907210 Epiphone 1930s Lap Steel Guitar Mint Condition

163201904724096360 Vintage 1930s Lap Steel Guitar With Original Case

File:RogerSteel2b.jpg

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
looks a little like the 2nd one from the bottom but not with all the trem. it is also a streamliner and bronson is the name on the metal plate. I do not believe it is as wide as the one in your picture
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 3 years ago.

Good Afternoon

The Bronson Guitar, Streamliner, is selling in todays market for between 450.00 and 500.00, depending on the condition and the location it is for sale at. If you are thinking of selling, I would check with your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for. This will give you an idea of what it goes for in your area, then you can decide to sell locally or at one of the online markets. I am enclosing a little history for you on the guitar. I thought you might like it.

If I can be of any further help, please feel free contacting me.

Please click accept if I have been of any help to you, (with no further expense to you). Even if you have become a member or put up a deposit. Our pay comes out of the deposit or membership you already paid. This is the only way we are compensated by JA.

Thank you , have a great day.

Glenda

George Bronson was a guitar teacher in downtown Detroit, MI from the 1930s through 1950s. George ran the "Bronson Music & Sales Company" where he sold and distributed sheet music, amps and guitars. He specialized in steel guitars and many of the Bronsons are square neck guitars made by the National/Valco company. There was also a popular model electric lap steel that National/Valco made for Bronson, which was sold under the name "Bronson Singing Electric" (source: Walter Murray).

Experience: 30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.