annelew12554
annelew12554,
5242771

Is a 50-year old head of household, and not anyone’s

Customer Question

Fred is a 50-year old head of household, and not anyone’s dependent. He must file a return in 2015 in which of the following situations?o He has gross income of $11,000, which includes $300 from self-employment.o He has gross income of $12,000, which includes $350 from self-employment.o He has gross income of $13,000, which includes $375 from self-employment.o He has gross income of $14,000, and no income from self-employment
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  annelew12554 replied 1 month ago.

Hi

I'm Anne & I've been preparing taxes for 28 years. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi Anne, I have attached a document with 15 Tax questions, the one your are reviewing is one of those quetsions, I wasn't sure how to get all my questions answered. I really appreciate your help.

Hi

Fred must file if he has gross income is $13250 which is the last scenario above.....see page 8 of the following:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040gi.pdf

If you have found my answer helpful, please take a moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.

It is ONLY though positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge

Thank you for choosing justanswer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ann are you able to answer my questions in the attached document?

Per justanswer guidelines, each question should be posted individually, with a price for each one. This prevents an expert to choose to answer that particular question, or not. Plus it makes your questions available to any expert that would like to answer it.

I am sorry, but I am not available for all of your questions, at least not tonight.

I answered the one you posted, and I hope you will rate positive, but I am not available for any other questions tonight.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The question that you answered is not one of the choice answers related to the question
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
red is a 50-year old head of household, and not anyone’s dependent. He must file a return in 2015 in which of the following situations?o He has gross income of $11,000, which includes $300 from self-employment.o He has gross income of $12,000, which includes $350 from self-employment.o He has gross income of $13,000, which includes $375 from self-employment.o He has gross income of $14,000, and no income from self-employment
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Anne r u there?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I guess u r no longer available....Thanks for your help.

I apologize for the delay........

When I said that Fred needed to file if he had gross income greater than $13250, I also stated that the answer was the last box, income of $14,000 and no income from self employment...........I'm sorry if I confused you......

The link I provided to you (1040 instructions for 2015) stated on page 8, where it states income of AT LEAST $13250. Given the choices, the last answer was then the only answer.

I do apologize that I confused you in any way.

If you would like me to answer the rest of the questions that you attached , I am available today to answer those for you.

Please let me know if you would like me to continue to help you........

Thank you for choosing just answer.