linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

This question is based on a question by Eun, Resnick and Sabherwal in

Customer Question

This question is based on a question by Eun, Resnick and Sabherwal in International Finance, 6th edn, Global Edition: McGraw Hill.Consider a US-based company that exports goods to Switzerland. The US company expects to receive payment on a shipment of goods in three months. Because the payment will be in Swiss francs, the US company wants to hedge against a decline in the value of the Swiss franc over the next three months. The US risk-free rate is 2%, and the Swiss risk-free rate is 4%. Assume that interest rates remain fixed over the next six months. The current spot rate is $0.9873.
a.)Indicate whether the US company should use a long or short forward contract to hedge currency risk.
b.)Calculate the no-arbitrage price at which the US company could enter into a forward contract that expires in three months.
c.) It is now 30 days since the US company entered into the forwardcontract. The spot rate is $0.9399. Interest rates are the same as before. Calculate the value of the US c
Category: Multiple Problems
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
part c.) It is now 30 days since the US company entered into the forward
contract. The spot rate is $0.9399. Interest rates are the same as
before. Calculate the value of the US company’s forward position.
Expert:  Manal Elkhoshkhany replied 7 months ago.
Hello,I can help with the question. Please advise your deadline. I also wanted to advise you that Just Answer offers a “Premium Service” where I can help you through email. Since this is an additional service, it involves an additional charge (but since I agree with your offer, I can charge you the lowest possible charge for this service - $5). If interested, I can make you an offer. Please advise.Thank you