linda_us
linda_us, Master's Degree
Experience:  A tutor for Business, Finance, Accounts and other related topics.
19873544

It seems you had answered this problem earlier but now the

Customer Question

Hi it seems you had answered this problem earlier but now the Link is not valid so im posting the problem again. A publisher sells books to Borders at $12 each. The marginal production cost for thepublisher is $1 per book. Borders prices the book to its customers at $24 and expects demand over the next two months to be normally distributed, with a mean of 20,000 and a standard deviation of 5,000. Borders places a single order with the publisher for delivery at the beginning of the two-month period. Currently, Borders discounts any unsold books at the end of two months down to $3, and any books that did not sell at full price sell at this price.(a) How many books should Borders order? What is its expected profit? How many books does it expect to sell at a discount?(b) What is the profit that the publisher makes given Borders’ actions?(c) A plan under discussion is for the publisher to refund Borders $5 per book that does not sell during the two-month period. As before, Borders will discount them to $3 and sell any that remain. Under this plan, how many books will Borders order? What is the expected profit for Borders? How many books are expected to be unsold? What is the expected profit for the publisher? Should the publisher agree to use this new plan? http://www.justanswer.com/multiple-problems/6tulv-question-1-basic-newsboy-a-publisher-sells-books-borders.html Similar to the above the problem
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I cannot solve the part where it says expected number of books to be sold at a discount. Is that just the saftey stock ?\ i dont think so so im getting a bit confused with that part
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Business Tutors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Multiple Problems
Expert:  Johnmark1900 replied 1 year ago.
HelloMy name is***** can assist you. Let me know your deadlineThanx
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need this entire question by saturday night EST latest.
But the sooner the better.Thank You
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw a similar problem already answered so i was hoping this would not take too much time